Symptoms, precautions, treatments and care.
Coronavirus is a larger family of virus that are known to cause illness ranging from common cold to more severe diseases such as Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS). A new or novel coronavirus is called nCoV and the current new coronavirus is called 2019-nCoV. This virus causes disease in a wide variety of animal species and through spill over event, it was found to have been transmitted to humans. As at now, no antibiotics can work against this virus, so people of all ages can be infected by the virus. Older people and those with pre-existing medical conditions like asthma, diabetes or heart diseases appear to be more vulnerable to becoming severely ill with the virus.
What are the symptoms of coronavirus?
Patients suffering from coronavirus maybe sick for 1-14 days before developing symptoms such as fever, tiredness, dry cough, difficulty in breathing and in more severe cases pneumonia and even death.
What are the precautions and preventions against coronavirus?
Since there are no antibiotics to protect you from coronavirus, it is advisable you take some precautions so as to protect yourself and prevent the spread of the virus to others by doing the following:
- Wash your hands regularly for at least 20 seconds with liquid soap and water or alcohol based hand sanitizers.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a disposable tissue or flexed elbow when you cough or sneeze.
- If you feel sick, stay at home and self isolate from others.
- Stay at least 3-6 feets away from people especially those who are unwell and might have returned from countries with high cases of coronavirus.
- Don’t touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean.
- Cook meats and other food properly before eating.
- Eat fruits and take vitamin C so as to boost your immune system.
- Always do exercise to help lower blood sugar level, enhance heart strength and blood circulation.
What are the treatments and care for those infected by coronavirus?
As at now, there are no medical treatments and care for 2019-nCoV but there are some things you can do to ease up and relieve your symptoms, and they include :
- Drink plenty of hot water regularly.
- Use a room humidifier or take a hot shower as the virus cannot resist hot temperature.
- Drink a portion of boiled mixture of pineapple peels, lime and ginger and use other portion to steam yourself while covering with clothes or blanket as it helps to detoxify the effects of the virus.